10 September 2008

midweek madness - grampall jookabox

Once a week (barring technological complications, bad weather, and general laziness), I hope to share a song/artist that can only be described as "so weird that it's awesome."

Occasionally, I need a little aural freakout. It keeps life interesting. And it makes me smile. I don't know about you, but my brain works better when it's been scarred a little.

Grampall Jookabox, a spankin' ghetto-jungle-folk band from Indianapolis, released the Rill Bruh EP last month as a compilation EP/precursor for their upcoming album Ropechain (4 Nov 2008, Asthmatic Kitty). I have to say one thing: it's crazy. But it's crazy sweet. If alien musicians landed their UFO in a trailer park and started drinking moonshine by the railroad tracks, this would be the result.

Grampall Jookabox - That Steamboat Gothic Stomp (mp3|5.28MB)

(Bonus: Like it and want more? Asthmatic Kitty Records has the whole EP available for download on their website here! [8 tracks, 47MB])

No comments: